Whether you want to take a hunting trip with your friends, a family vacation to an exciting new place, or simply want to “getaway” from the monotony of everyday a life, a vacation is often exactly what the doctor ordered. However, unless you have a seemingly unlimited disposable income, trying to figure out the financial aspects of a big trip can throw a wrench in your plans.
That said, there are several things you can do during the calendar year that will help you save money for your vacation, and ensure the financial aspect of the planning stages are not an issue. Let’s look at some of the ways you can save below:
- Open a special account just for your vacation fund. Whenever you have extra cash, eschew using it on a shopping spree for unnecessary things, and instead put the extra money in your vacation account. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly it grows to your goal.
- Go through some of your possessions, and if there are things you think have value but you no longer need, then consider selling your excess items. With online options such as Ebay or Craigslist, you’re just a few clicks away from selling and earning money to put in your vacation account. Of course, when the weather is nice in the spring and summer, you can always go the traditional route and have a yard sale.
- Collect coupons and special offers. Make sure you take advantage of grocery store coupons or special offers for the things you need. Also, when you’re at the grocery store or are shopping for other items, try to avoid the “impulse” buys on something that you likely didn’t really want in the first place.
- If you receive a yearly tax refund, pretend like you’re not even going to get one this year, and instead send the check right to your vacation account.
- Try avoid paying with things on your credit card, where interest rates can end up costing you more than you ever budgeted for a particular purchase.
At the end of the day, life is too short to not enjoy it as much as you can. Few things are more memorable than a vacation with loved ones, and research has shown that a getaway is strong for your health.
If you would like to learn more about the many benefits of a Colorado hunting trip, please contact us today.